ESA Aims and Objectives
The English Shotokan Academy mission is to promote the study and development in the UK of Shotokan Kase-Ha Ryu budo karate:
- Providing an instructor development programme.
- Giving access to senior British and International instructors.
- Providing gradings by qualified examiners to a published syllabus.
- Adopting an open outlook to other forms of martial art which can support the development of “Budo Karate”.
- Providing members with high quality instruction through a network of clubs and training courses.
- Providing support and encouragement to senior instructors to deepen their knowledge and understanding for the benefit of the membership.
The aims and objectives of the ESA as defined in our constitution are:
- To develop and practice Shotokan karate in accordance with the technical and moral values of Masters Gichin and Yoshitaka Funakoshi as taught by Shihan Taiji Kase.
- To unite and provide leadership for those who wish to learn, practise and support karate as a martial art.
- To assist and protect the interests of members.
- To appoint representatives of the ESA who will represent the association at national and international activities concerned with the practise and furtherance of Shotokan Karate as a martial art.
- Act as an advisory body in matters concerning Shotokan Karate.
- Trade in goods relating to the practice and promotion of karate, and perform all other duties relating to such trading for the benefit and protection of all ESA members.
- Obtain, collect receive and administer monies and funds for these objectives.
- Do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objectives of the ESA in so far as these objectives shall be deemed by law to be in the interests and furtherance of karate as a martial art.
A copy of the ESA Constitution can be downloaded here