- Always arrive, change and be ready to start on time.
- Remove all jewellery before training as it can cause injury to yourself or others.
- If you arrive late, change & warm up in the changing room. Kneel
at the dojo entrance until asked to join the class. Make a full
kneeling bow before rising. Move quickly & quietly to your place.
- Every time you enter or leaving the dojo always bow to the centre of the room as a mark of respect for your place of training.
- To start and finish each session the class will line up facing the
Instructor, in grade order with the senior grade on the Instructor's
- Following the Instructor kneel down, left knee first, cross the feet
and sit back on the heels.
- On the command SHOMEN NI REI place your
palms on the floor and make a low bow, keeping your eyes forward, to
honour the dojo.
- On the command SENSEI NI REI bow again to honour your
- On the command OTOGA NI REI bow a third time to acknowledge
your training partners. Remain kneeling until told to rise.
- If it is necessary to leave the dojo during class, first inform the
instructor. On your return wait (see 3 above) until asked to rejoin.
- Do not smoke at any time on the premises.
- Do not talk or chew gum during training.
Ask reasonable questions when necessary, otherwise remain silent.